We help individuals and organizations not only stay relevant but thrive in this brave new world. Our services include:
- Digital workforce training
- Digital strategy / policy development
- Digital assessments
- Digital operating and delivery model design
- Operating and delivery model-specific program design
- Digital strategic change management
- Digital consulting
- Board mentoring / consulting for Digital
- Digital value management
James Doss, Owner and Managing Director, Vice Chair of The Open Group’s Digital Practitioner Work Group (DPWG), which has produced the recently published The Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge Standard (DPBoKTM). He is a contributing writer and editor of the DPBoK.
Mr. Doss is a Digital SME and IT management & governance transformation consultant. He brings multiple leading-edge models, approaches and techniques to bear in the design, repair, and implementation of digital delivery/operating models, architectures, processes, IT products, digital product/service catalogs, technical solutions, IT professional services. He is an SME in program design for specific delivery/operating models, contract types, and other business contexts.
James has developed IT value / benefits / cost / risk management models & approaches, transformation architectures, roadmaps, decision support frameworks / scenario plans, risk management methods, and IT management and governance models for clients across multiple industry verticals in both the public and private sectors.
Mr. Doss earned his BA from the University of Michigan and his MA from DePaul University. He lives with his wife and two daughters in the Washington, DC area.
James holds multiple IT, business and process certifications including:
- Certified Technology Business Management Executive (CTBME)
- ITIL Expert
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- TOGAF 9
- EMCCA (EMC Cloud Architect)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- RESILIA Foundation
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- Oracle DBA
- EMCISA (EMC Information Storage Associate)
James was selected and performed as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributor, and/or reviewer-editor for the following publications:
- The Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge Standard (DPBoKTM), published July 2019
- COBIT® 2019 (ISACA®)
- COBIT® 5 Enabling Processes (ISACA®)
- Process Assessment Model (PAM): Using COBIT® 5 (ISACA®)
- Interfacing and Adopting ITIL® and COBIT®
- ITIL Service Strategy, 2011 Edition (TSO)
- ITIL Service Transition, V3/2007 Edition (TSO)
IT Management and Governance, LLC is a Virginia (USA) registered company.